Quick Links – Scroll down for updated COVID 19 information
Current COVID19 policies and updates
The City of Chicago is recommending that Illinois residents, use this link www.zocdoc.com/vaccine to register for a vaccine appointments.
FEATURED CONTENT – CDC Recommends COVID-19 Vaccination for Pregnant Women
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have issued recommendations on the vaccination of pregnant women and women planning to become pregnant.
August 30th, 2021 – COVID UPDATE
The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) announced today that it will re-institute a face mask mandate for all indoor public settings as the average number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in Chicago surpasses 400. All individuals aged 2 and over, regardless of their vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask as of Friday, August 20, while indoors in public settings.
Four additional states have been added to Chicago’s Travel Advisory.
For the safety & well-being of our patients, providers & staff, WGON is requiring anyone who is unvaccinated and has traveled: States and Territories on the Advisory: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival to Chicago. **This includes any visitor that a patient anticipates bringing for their Level 1 Ultrasound**
Important to keep in mind:
1. With the rise in Delta variant cases, it is important for all individuals over age 2, regardless of vaccination status, to wear masks in public indoor settings, to wash hands and socially distance.
2. Anyone vaccinate or unvaccinated who is experiencing any symptoms of COVID (including usual cold or allergy symptoms) must call and speak to Nurse Triage prior to coming in for their appointment.
3. Anyone vaccinated or unvaccinated who have been exposed to someone who is COVID+ must call and speak to Nurse Triage prior to coming in for their appointment.
4. Anyone vaccinated or unvaccinated who travels internationally must have a negative pcr test 3-5 days after they return to the US before they can be seen in our office. In addition, unvaccinated people must quarantine for 14 days in addition to testing.
5. Anyone unvaccinated, who travels within the US must quarantine for 10 days prior to return to our office. This does not apply if they LIVE in WI, MI, or IN but does apply if they have traveled to those states but don’t live there.
6. Visitors are not allowed – this includes newborns. The only appointment when a patient is allowed to bring a visitor is to their Level 1 ultrasound.
The City of Chicago updates the travel guidelines every week. Updates can be found here for further clarification: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
Summer Update – 2021
Please add: email@example.com to your email safe list to ensure that you receive your statements.
For your visit:
- Please come alone. No visitors or children are allowed.
- Please wear a mask covering your nose and mouth during your entire visit to our office and in our exam rooms.
- If you can answer yes to any of these conditions listed below in the last two weeks, please call the office to speak with a nurse to discuss a plan to reschedule your appointment or be seen via a telemedicine visit. DO NOT come to the office unless authorized by a nurse or provider.
- Fever or chills (temperature over 100.4)
- Cough, congestion, runny nose, or sore throat
- Headache, body ache, or muscle ache
- Shortness of breath, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Loss of smell and taste
- Illness in household or exposure to COVID
- International travel in the last two weeks.
Patient’s – Domestic travel:
- Patients have traveled but are fully vaccinated may be seen, but will need to show proof of vaccination, and must wait 2 weeks after second vaccine.
- Patients who are not fully vaccinated, and travel, will need to quarantine 10 days unless there is a medical emergency.
- Patients who are not fully vaccinated and have NOT traveled can be seen in our office.
We strongly recommend that patients do not travel outside the Chicago area for 10 days prior to their office visit.
We are now requesting that all patients fill out their registration forms via our online portal https://tinyurl.com/ycm8jcnw prior to coming to your appointment. Filling out your forms ahead of time will reduce your check in time and exposure at the front desk. Please call our office if you have difficulties filling out the necessary forms.
This year has been challenging for everyone in different ways. Please know that we are here every day as your partner to help, you stay healthy and safe. Be well and enjoy the good weather. The physicians and staff of The Women’s Group of Northwestern.
COVID 19 – 4/16/2020
In accordance with the CDC’s current recommendations that everyone in the general public wear a cloth mask in addition to continuing to follow social distancing guidelines we request that all patients wear a mask or cloth face covering when coming into the office.
For our obstetrics patients:
The Lavin Pavilion is now prepared to complete pre-procedure Covid-19 testing for our patients with scheduled inductions and cesarean sections. Patients will be contacted by the central scheduling and registration team and directed to present to Lavin the day of or day prior to their procedure.
COVID 19 – 4/16/2020
PRENATAL VISITS SCHEDULE DURING COVID 19:
|NOB (OFFICE VISIT)||8-12 weeks|
|Genetics (OFFICE VISIT)||12|
|16 week appointment (OFFICE VISIT)||16|
|20 week appt (ULTRASOUND AND TELEHEALTH)||20|
|24 week (TELEHEALTH)||24|
|26 weeks appt (1 hr GLUCOSE) OFFICE VISIT||26|
|30 week appt in (OFFICE VISIT)||30|
|32 week appt (TELEHEALTH VISIT)||32|
|34 week appt (OFFICE VISIT)||34|
|36 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||36|
|37 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||37|
|38 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||38|
|39 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||39|
|40 WEEK + Ultrasound (OFFICE VISIT)||40|
The Women’s Group of Northwestern was founded in 1989 as the city’s first all-female medical practice specializing in obstetrics and gynecology. Since 1989, our services have centered around providing comprehensive medical care to women in a friendly and professional manner. To accomplish this, we maintain a state-of-the-art facility and provide the latest in medical innovation and technologies in a comfortable setting.
To meet your health care needs efficiently, we offer a broad range of services right in our office. These services include but are not limited to preconception counseling, OB/GYN ultrasounds, colposcopy, LEEP, hysteroscopic sterilizations, treatment of heavy periods with endometrial ablations and hereditary cancer risk reduction counseling.
The Women’s Group of Northwestern consists of eleven physicians: Elena M. Kamel, Anita Levin, Linda S. Katz, Pamela A. Lui, Julie Ericson, Julie Levitt, Kamaljeet Murthy, Stephanie W. Lau, Jordan Sheran, Adrienne Adams and Sarah E. Salamon. All are committed to providing /you the most advanced medical care available.
Our practice employs Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants as part of your health care team. These women have been formally trained in women’s health to provide diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative health care services, as well as many office procedures.
Our triage nurses are another important part of your health care team and are available by telephone from 9 to 4:30 Monday through Friday to answer your medical questions.
As an all-female practice, we have a vested interest in women’s health issues. Whatever your needs, you can expect to receive attentive care and medical expertise from women who understand your needs from both a personal and professional point of view.
On behalf of our entire staff of The Women’s Group of Northwestern, we welcome you to our practice!