Quick Links – Scroll down for updated COVID 19 information
Current COVID19 policies and updates
The City of Chicago is recommending that Illinois residents, use this link www.zocdoc.com/vaccine to register for a vaccine appointments.
July 29th, 2021 – COVID UPDATE
In response to rising positive cases of COVID 19 rates, additional states have been added to Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order. There are now 14 states plus the Virgin Islands that fall into the orange category.
For the safety & well-being of our patients, providers & staff, WGON is requiring anyone who is unvaccinated and has traveled: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming and/or the US Virgin Islands to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival to Chicago. **This includes any visitor that a patient anticipates bringing for their Level 1 Ultrasound**
Important to keep in mind:
- With the rise in Delta variant cases, it is important for those who are unvaccinated to continue to mask, wash hands and socially distance.
- Anyone VACCINATED or unvaccinated who is experiencing any symptoms of COVID (including usual cold or allergy symptoms) must call and speak to Nurse Triage prior to coming in for their appointment.
- Anyone unvaccinated who has been exposed to someone who is COVID+ must call and speak to Nurse Triage prior to coming in for their appointment.
- Visitors are not allowed – this is includes newborns. The only appointment when a patient is allowed to bring a visitor is to their Level 1 ultrasound.
The City of Chicago updates the travel guidelines every other week. Updates can be found here for further clarification: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
Summer Update – 2021
Please add: firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list to ensure that you receive your statements.
For your visit:
- Please come alone. No visitors or children are allowed.
- Please wear a mask covering your nose and mouth during your entire visit to our office and in our exam rooms.
- If you can answer yes to any of these conditions listed below in the last two weeks, please call the office to speak with a nurse to discuss a plan to reschedule your appointment or be seen via a telemedicine visit. DO NOT come to the office unless authorized by a nurse or provider.
- Fever or chills (temperature over 100.4)
- Cough, congestion, runny nose, or sore throat
- Headache, body ache, or muscle ache
- Shortness of breath, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Loss of smell and taste
- Illness in household or exposure to COVID
- International travel in the last two weeks.
Patient’s – Domestic travel:
- Patients have traveled but are fully vaccinated may be seen, but will need to show proof of vaccination, and must wait 2 weeks after second vaccine.
- Patients who are not fully vaccinated, and travel, will need to quarantine 10 days unless there is a medical emergency.
- Patients who are not fully vaccinated and have NOT traveled can be seen in our office.
We strongly recommend that patients do not travel outside the Chicago area for 10 days prior to their office visit.
We are now requesting that all patients fill out their registration forms via our online portal https://tinyurl.com/ycm8jcnw prior to coming to your appointment. Filling out your forms ahead of time will reduce your check in time and exposure at the front desk. Please call our office if you have difficulties filling out the necessary forms.
This year has been challenging for everyone in different ways. Please know that we are here every day as your partner to help, you stay healthy and safe. Be well and enjoy the good weather. The physicians and staff of The Women’s Group of Northwestern.
COVID 19 – 4/16/2020
In accordance with the CDC’s current recommendations that everyone in the general public wear a cloth mask in addition to continuing to follow social distancing guidelines we request that all patients wear a mask or cloth face covering when coming into the office.
For our obstetrics patients:
The Lavin Pavilion is now prepared to complete pre-procedure Covid-19 testing for our patients with scheduled inductions and cesarean sections. Patients will be contacted by the central scheduling and registration team and directed to present to Lavin the day of or day prior to their procedure.
COVID 19 – 4/16/2020
PRENATAL VISITS SCHEDULE DURING COVID 19:
|NOB (OFFICE VISIT)||8-12 weeks|
|Genetics (OFFICE VISIT)||12|
|16 week appointment (OFFICE VISIT)||16|
|20 week appt (ULTRASOUND AND TELEHEALTH)||20|
|24 week (TELEHEALTH)||24|
|26 weeks appt (1 hr GLUCOSE) OFFICE VISIT||26|
|30 week appt in (OFFICE VISIT)||30|
|32 week appt (TELEHEALTH VISIT)||32|
|34 week appt (OFFICE VISIT)||34|
|36 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||36|
|37 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||37|
|38 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||38|
|39 Week (OFFICE VISIT)||39|
|40 WEEK + Ultrasound (OFFICE VISIT)||40|
The Women’s Group of Northwestern was founded in 1989 as the city’s first all-female medical practice specializing in obstetrics and gynecology. Since 1989, our services have centered around providing comprehensive medical care to women in a friendly and professional manner. To accomplish this, we maintain a state-of-the-art facility and provide the latest in medical innovation and technologies in a comfortable setting.
To meet your health care needs efficiently, we offer a broad range of services right in our office. These services include but are not limited to preconception counseling, OB/GYN ultrasounds, colposcopy, LEEP, hysteroscopic sterilizations, treatment of heavy periods with endometrial ablations and hereditary cancer risk reduction counseling.
The Women’s Group of Northwestern consists of eleven physicians: Elena M. Kamel, Anita Levin, Linda S. Katz, Pamela A. Lui, Julie Ericson, Julie Levitt, Kamaljeet Murthy, Stephanie W. Lau, Jordan Sheran, Adrienne Adams and Sarah E. Salamon. All are committed to providing /you the most advanced medical care available.
Our practice employs Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants as part of your health care team. These women have been formally trained in women’s health to provide diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative health care services, as well as many office procedures.
Our triage nurses are another important part of your health care team and are available by telephone from 9 to 4:30 Monday through Friday to answer your medical questions.
As an all-female practice, we have a vested interest in women’s health issues. Whatever your needs, you can expect to receive attentive care and medical expertise from women who understand your needs from both a personal and professional point of view.
On behalf of our entire staff of The Women’s Group of Northwestern, we welcome you to our practice!