You can join your doctor online over a secure video connection for routine appointments. Appointments can be completed in the comfort of your home on your webcam enabled laptop, iPhone, or iPad.
Maintain the same quality healthcare experience as in-person appointments.
Call us at 312-440-3810 or book an appointment online using our PATIENT PORTAL to schedule an appointment today!
What type of appointments are offered as video appointments?
- Routine follow-up care such as certain postoperative and postpartum visits, IUD follow up visits
- Reviewing lab results
- Prescription refills
- Medication adjustments including hormone replacement therapy, contraception, and medical management for abnormal uterine bleeding
- Reviewing imaging results such as Bone Density, mammograms, and ultrasounds
- and most appointments that do not require a physical exam such as counseling visits for contraceptive and preconception care, diet and nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, osteoporosis visits, breast feeding consults
- This list is not exhaustive, so if you are uncertain if your concerns are appropriate for telemedicine, please call us.
During your video appointment, the doctor will determine if an in-person visit is needed at a later date.
Easily join a telemedicine video appointment in 3 steps
- Call our office at 312-440-3810 or book an appointment online using our PATIENT PORTAL.
- Log into our patient portal and review and update your patient forms under health history forms.
- Update your demographic information in the patient portal.
- Call our office at 312-440-3810 or create an account on our patient portal PATIENT PORTAL.
- Request an appointment.
- Fill out the forms under health history forms.
- Update your demographic information in the patient portal.
Get more time back in your day. No more battling traffic, parking, or taking time away from busy schedules. Video appointments with your doctor are easy and can be booked at your convenience.
What type of devices can be used for video appointments?
- Laptop or desktop computer with a webcam
What is the cost of a video appointment? Will my insurance cover my visits?
- In most cases, video appointments cost the same as in-person office appointments. You can choose to pay through your health insurance provider or out of pocket.
- During this coronavirus outbreak most insurance companies are expanding their coverage for telemedicine. For individual coverage questions, always contact your insurance provider.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Please review and agree to the Telemedicine Informed Consent
- Ensure you are in a quiet, safe space with access to a computer or device with camera/microphone. Click here for a PDF for more detailed instructions.
- Please Check that your camera and microphone is working.
- If you can provide the following information to us at your visit it would be very helpful but not absolutely necessary:
- Height, weight, blood pressure, temperature
How do I schedule a tele-medicine appointment?
- At this time please call our office to or use Patient Portal to schedule a tele-medicine appointment or to determine if your medical concern can be handled remotely.
As a new patient, am I eligible?
Yes new patients are eligible for appropriate visits, as noted above.
- The Women’s Group of Northwestern uses a secure and HIPAA compliant video platform to protect patients’ health information and privacy.
How can I check – in for my first tele-medicine appointment?
- A member of our front desk office staff will call you to check in for your appointment. They will confirm and update all your demographic and insurance information.
- You will be provided a personalized web link. This link works with any browser on a computer/device that is equipped with camera and microphone. Please check to be sure your microphone and camera are enabled before your call.
- The providers medical assistant will call you to review your medical history.
- The provider will then join you on the tele-medicine call.
TELE-MEDICINE INFORMED CONSENT
Please read this document completely.
By utilizing this tele-medicine service, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You are a current patient of the Practice and are 18 years or older.
- You have scheduled your tele-medicine appointment in advance with the Practice.
- This is not an emergency situation. If this is an emergency please contact emergency services by calling 911 immediately.
By utilizing the Practice’s tele-medicine services you agree:
- Tele-medicine involves the use of electronic communications. Electronic systems used will include measures to safeguard your information.
- Our providers may use the information you provide for purposes of diagnosis, recommending therapy or treatment follow-up and/or education. The information you may be asked to provide may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two-way audio and video
- Cost: You will be responsible for any coinsurance, deductible or other out of pocket cost as determined by your insurance carrier and such may be charged by the practice after the tele-medicine visit. If you are not covered by insurance, you will be responsible for the billed charges for the tele-medicine service. Most insurance companies are covering tele-medicine visits due to the covid outbreak.
- Potential Benefits: The potential benefits of this service may include, without guarantee, improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her location.
- Potential Risks: As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of tele-medicine. While the likelihood may be low, these risks may include, without limitation, the following:
- The inability to have direct, physical contact with the patient may impact the quality of service.
- Certain limitations of telehealth services may require you to have an office visit.
- Security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
You hereby further acknowledge and agree to the following:
- If my provider believes I would be better served by another form of service (e.g. in person), I may need to make an in-office appointment for appropriate care.
- I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine and hereby authorize my provider and its employees, agents and independent contractors, to use telemedicine in the course of my diagnosis and treatment.
BY ENGAGING IN THIS TELEMEDICINE SESSION YOU AGREE AND CERTIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOVE, AND UNDERSTAND THE RISKS AND BENEFITS OF TELEMEDICINE. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS YOU HEREBY GIVE YOUR INFORMED CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN A TELEMEDICINE VISIT AND FOR THE USE OF TELEMEDICINE IN YOUR MEDICAL CARE.